Friday, April 30, 2010

Brother Ali & Plain Ole Bill - Where'd You Get That Funk From (2007)



MIX 1
01. Grover Washington – Mister Magic
02. Gap Band – Outstanding (Extended Mix)
03. Mary Jane Girls – All Night Long
04. De La Soul – Buddy (Native Tongue Decision)
05. EPMD – So What Cha Saying
06. Boogie Down Productions (KRS-One) – Gimme Dat (Woy)
07. RUN-DMC – Sucker MC's
08. Melle Mel (Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five) – Message

MIX 2
01. Donny Hathoway – The Ghetto
02. Gil Scott Heron – The Bottle

MIX 3
01. Earth Wind & Fire – Devotion (Live)
02. James Brown – Funky President
03. Marvin Gaye – You’re The Man
06. Just Ice – Goin Way Back (Instrumental)
07. Boogie Down Productions – Criminal Minded
08. LL Cool J – I’m Bad
09. X-Clan – Grand Verbalizer, What Time Is It?
10. Eric B & Rakim – Microphone Fiend
11. Big Daddy Kane – Young Gifted & Black

Mix 4
01. Stevie Wonder – Blame It On The Sun
02. Bill Withers – Ain’t No Sunshine
03. Smokey Robinson – Quiet Storm

MIX 5
01. Makaveli (Tupac) – Hail Mary
02. Muddy Waters – Hoochie Coochie Man

MIX 6
01. Curtis Mayfield – We People Who Are Darker Than Blue
02. Nina Simone – Black Is The Color Of My True Love’s Hair

Link

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i get some info on this? where did this come from and come about?

Sniper said...

“People ask me all the time what kind of music I grew up listening to and who inspires music I make. This CD was originally going to be a mix of only the most important music that shaped me when I was young. I put together a list of sure shots that absolutely had to make it and ended up with three pages. I took out the things I learned about after high school, and the songs that were only there for nostalgia, and narrowed it down to about 200 james. I gave Bill the list and asked him to keep it simple. A lot of really important stuff had to get cut because there just wasn’t enough time. We’re not trying to impress you with our high tech beat-diggin’ or ridiculous mixes. These songs aren’t rare. But for people who came up in a different time or listened to other kinds of music than me, this is the shit that started me out and keeps me going.”
- Brother Ali

google is a gteat thing..

Anonymous said...

It was 1 of 2 pre-order bonus discs included with The Undisputed Truth. The other being "Off The Record" which was a comp. of unreleased and hard to find Brother Ali tracks

Benny said...

WOW another great1! MIL thanks Sniper!
PeaceFrank