Thursday, May 31, 2012

Open Mike Eagle - Nightmares (Daedelus' Pacifically)



Open Mike Eagle "Nightmares (Daedelus' Pacifically)"



Download

"By Open Mike Eagle, slightly slowed and remixed in the style to which I've been calling Pacific. I was drawn to this original last year, always playing with the idea of trying a remix, but the track proved impervious until now. You see it is almost impossible to alter music you find perfect as is (many thanks to Willie Green). I only gained the nerve to do so when I started to really mess with the elements I was adding - not so much the song itself, which is abstracted and distended, but not fundamentally exploded. Shouts to Lil' Jabba for a bassline grab, and to Jan Driver for a kick drum or three, plus countless other samples made on tour in Korea recently." Daedelus

No comments: