Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ruelz Rekka - Red October(2009)




01. Intro
02. Celebration
03. Gone
04. Control
05. Pleasure & Pain
06. Over thinking
07. Not Enough Interlude
08. Phases
09. Smiling
10. Lime Green
11. Resurrection - Common *
12. Wake
13. Shook - Mobb Deep *
14. Wolves - M.O.P *
15. Kills Bills - Thesaurus Rex *
16. Shake It Off - The Black Sunn *
17. Outro

Link

"The theme of this tape was for halloween. I had meant to post it on October 31st, but accidentally screwed up the sequencing of all the beats so i had to go back and redo and it just killed time. When I was done with it, it was already November 1st lol. Really the overall theme of the tape was darkness, pain, etc. because it was meant for halloween and the cover was supposed to reflect that. If you didn't know, the guy holding the skull is Anton Lavey who was actually the founder and high priest of the church of satan and the first largest following of satanism in america. I don't know if anyone is aware of that, but I obviously wasn't gonna go to the extreme with that theme because i'm not a satanist. I did however include dialogue in between beats with the various "interludes" that followed, most of them from Lavey which spoke on the subject. A lot of the beats have a dark sound to them, a few don't. Some of the tracks are also remixes. I've been working on this actual tape since probably August on and off. It wasn't till September that I decided to hopefully put the tape out on halloween. This is the first tape in a series. I'm not sure yet how many more i'm gonna do, but they will all have "Red" in the title since it's my favorite color and I figured why not build on that ? The next tape will be a total 360 in terms of the theme. Also I kept the beats purely on that boom bap shit for most of the tape. The next one will have a change of pace maybe. I hope that ya'll enjoy it and download the next one. peace"


http://www.myspace.com/ruelzrekka

No comments: